Instagram -->

28 November, 2012

We are saturday, all day.. aka Istanbul Contemporary

So I have been craving for some bagels. It has been over 2 years since I had my last bagel in NY. I know Istanbul has many awesome and delicious substitutions but sometime girl gotta get some bagel. Tribeca makes and sells their own bagel. the only place in Turkey. So I decided to check them out, like I had a choice. Having bagel in a serious restaurant environment sounded a bit weird but if that is my only option, then I shall have it. 

So off we went. It was good-ish. Bagels were tasty-ish. cream cheese was awful. It was the typical failed-Turkish-Philadelphia substitution that was way too cheesy than creamy. But I decided to buy me some extra bagels to go and try them with proper cream cheese and proper coffee. They  had run out of everything bagel (I might have finger in that) so we took onion, sesame and poppy seed bagels. The next day I toasted them nice and crispy and ate them with Philadelphia. They were good enough. Still something missing, which I cannot pinpoint. I am guessing I was missing NY on my bagels. Next time I'll have them in NY then.

Unfortunately I was too hungry to remember to photograph before eating.
So you only get to see last bits of my bagel meal.

No bagel is left behind!!



And then, the next day, sunday morning, I had my bagel with proper cream cheese and coffee.
Still not fully satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment